Helmet House, LLC
Last Updated: February 15, 2021
For information about the choices we offer in connection with our information practices, please see Your Choices below.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, update your profile, post a review, participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form or survey, participate in a contest or promotion, make a purchase, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect about you include your name, password, email address, social media usernames and handles, postal address, phone number, gender, interests, preferences, photos, product reviews, fit information, payment information, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you use our Services, we automatically collect certain information, including:
- Transaction Information: We collect information in connection with each transaction you engage in via the Services, including product details, purchase price, and other transaction details.
- Log Information: We collect log information in connection with your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the mobile device you use to access our mobile apps, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may collect the precise location of your mobile device in accordance with the permission process established by your mobile device operating system. We may also collect the approximate location of your device based on the devices IP address.
- Stored Information: We may access information you have stored on your mobile device in accordance with the permission process established by your mobile device operating system. For example, with your permission, we may access photos or videos from your mobile device photo gallery.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information from the computer or device you use to access our Services, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in your device memory that help us see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. We do not alter or change your experience, or otherwise respond to, DNT or do not track signals. One of the cookies we use to monitor performance and use of our Services is provided by Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to analyze users browsing history, search history, and user generated-activity (e.g., reviews, shared photos, and comments) as well as interactions with our sites, advertisements, and apps. For more information about how Google Analytics processes information, please see https://policies.google.com/privacy. By using our Services, you are consenting to the use of the Google Analytics cookie.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources. For example, we may collect information about you from other sites that sell our products, from other users, such as individuals who send you a gift through our Services, and from social networks in accordance with their authorization procedures.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events and other news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Helmet House and others;
- Personalize our Services, including by providing advertisements, content or features we think will be of interest to you;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions, and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we collect about you; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information is collected.
Sharing of Information
- With third parties with whom we sponsor events if you consent to such disclosure;
- When you participate in interactive features on our Services, information about you may be displayed publicly on our Services and on other sites or online services, including your photos, videos, posts, product feedback, product reviews, and other information you choose to provide;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other third-party providers who need access to such information in connection with services they perform for us and who are subject to contractual obligations regarding their use of the information;
- With third-party marketing partners for commercial purposes who are subject to contractual obligations regarding their use of the information;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, administrative or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Helmet House or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Helmet House assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook Like button), which lets you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
We use reasonable security measures designed to protect information about you from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We may also work with other websites or platforms (such as Facebook) to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign. Please refer to the settings of those other websites or platforms for information about any choices they offer in connection with the delivery of interest-based ads.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
Helmet House is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
California "Shine the Light" Disclosure
As described above, we may share information with third parties with whom we sponsor events if you consent to such disclosure.
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Under the law, a business must either provide this information or permit California residents to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing. We qualify for this alternative option by only sharing information when you have opted in to such sharing.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from one of our Services by following the instructions in those emails or by changing the preferences through your online account with each Service. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
You may opt out of receiving promotional calls from us by letting us know during one of those calls, by changing the preferences through your online account with each Service, or by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Opt Out to Calls”.
Mobile Push Notifications
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
California Privacy Rights
This section provides additional details about the personal information we collect about California consumers and the rights afforded to them under the California Consumer Privacy Act or CCPA.
Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California consumers the right to request to know more details about the categories or specific pieces of personal information we collect, to delete their personal information, to opt out of any sales that may be occurring, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
In the last 12 months, we collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers (such as name and contact information), characteristics of protected classifications (such as age and gender), commercial information (such as products purchased), internet or other electronic network activity information (such as browsing behavior), geolocation data, audio, electronic, visual or similar information (such as profile pictures or customer support call information), and inferences we make (such as preferred activities). For more details about the personal information we collect, including the categories of sources, please see the Collection of Information section above. We collect this information for the business and commercial purposes described in the Use of Information section above. We share this information with the categories of third parties described in the Sharing of Information section above.
Non-California Privacy Rights