Employment Opportunities | Graphic Designer
Helmet House is the leading U.S. distributor of helmets and apparel in the Motorcycle and Powersports industry. We are in search of a creative and highly productive Graphic Designer to join our Digital Marketing Team.
Our Company was founded in 1969 and has its headquarters and a distribution center in Calabasas Hills, CA along with an eastern distribution point in Southaven, MS. Our digital marketing team is located in Lake Oswego, OR. For decades Helmet House has supplied Powersports Dealers across the U.S. with two of the world’s top helmet brands; SHOEI and HJC. Helmet House is also the manufacturer and distributor of Tour Master and Cortech motorcycle riding gear, and Alpinestars Riding Gear. With a market-leading sales team located across the country, along with the addition of new brands, Helmet House is on the move and plans to grow significantly over the next five years. If you’re passionate about action sports, are a top performer, and want to be on a winning team, Helmet House is the right opportunity for you.
Helmet House is headquartered in beautiful Calabasas Hills, CA, within minutes of Southern California’s world-famous motorcycling / biking & hiking roads. Our Digital Marketing Team office is located just southwest of Portland in beautiful Lake Oswego.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESThe ideal candidate is a self-starter, capable of delivering brilliant creative ideas, and showing amazing attention to detail with a positive attitude. You will be designing a wide variety of media in both digital and printed formats including web ads, printed collateral, package design and much more. Must be able to think proactively, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Candidate needs to be proficient in the Adobe suite, with focus in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. An understanding of HTML, pre-press and print production is also beneficial. This full-time position will report to the Digital Creative Director, and the hours are M-F, 8am-5pm.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a wide range of graphics and layouts for product marketing, websites, catalogs and package design with necessary software.
- Contributing to team efforts by accomplishing tasks as needed.
- Coordinating with outside agencies, art services, marketing, printers and colleagues as necessary.
- Planning concepts by studying relevant information and materials.
- Preparing finished art by operating necessary equipment and software.
- Communicating with team members about layout and design.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field, or equivalent work experience in related field.
- Experience as a graphic designer or in related field.
- Demonstrate graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Proficiency with required desktop publishing tools, including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- A strong eye for visual composition.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism.
- Understanding of marketing, production, website design, corporate identity, product packaging, advertisements and multimedia design.
BENEFITS PACKAGE (For full-time employees)
Medical/Dental/Vision, Supplemental Insurance Plans, Café 125 FSA, 401(k) Savings Plan with match, Vacation/Sick Time off, employee discounts, EOE