Employment Opportunities | Senior Inventory Planner
SENIOR INVENTORY PLANNERHelmet House is the leading U.S. distributor of helmets and apparel in the Motorcycle and Powersports industry. We are in search of a productive and highly analytical Senior Inventory planner to join our Calabasas Hills, CA Headquarters Merchandising Team.
Our Company was founded in 1969 and has its headquarters and a distribution center in Calabasas Hills, CA along with an Eastern Distribution point in Southaven, MS and a Digital Marketing Team located in Lake Oswego, OR. For decades Helmet House has supplied Powersports Dealers across the U.S. with two of the world’s top helmet brands; SHOEI and HJC. Helmet House is also the manufacturer and distributor of Tour Master, Cortech, and NORU Motorcycle riding gear, and Alpinestars Riding Gear. With a market-leading sales team located across the country, along with the addition of new brands, Helmet House is on the move and plans to grow significantly over the next five years. If you’re passionate about action sports, are a top performer, and want to be on a winning team, Helmet House is the right opportunity for you.
The Sr. Inventory Planner will be responsible for managing inventory levels, setting inventory targets, replenishment coverages, and ensuring products are moving to the right location at the right time, with the right volume.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position reports to the VP of Planning and Allocation, working with the Merchandising team to drive continuous improvement using metrics to achieve optimum performance.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Lead inventory optimization initiatives
- Partner and collaborate with the Supply Planning and Logistics Teams to effectively route supply to regional DCs and warehouses based on demand, capacity, lead time.
- Work closely with suppliers to maintain clear and clean shipment routing guidance.
- Analyze regional and sub-regional inventory level by product, and re-balance inventory based on sales trend, seasonal trend, promotional activities, and other ad hoc programs.
- Identify and escalate inventory issues and risks (shortages, excesses) and formulate mitigation plan.
- Assist and troubleshoot shipping discrepancies, inventory discrepancies, and receipt delays.
- Develop reports and dashboards for key inventory metrics, projections, and other KPIs
- Prioritizing, planning, delegating, and controlling workflow.
- 3+ years of supply chain planning experience, with a minimum of 2 years in inventory management
- Creative problem solver and constant desire to move business forward
- Strong quantitative, analytical skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent Computer skills; Microsoft 365 Environment preferred
- Proficiency in Excel, comfortable building data models and manipulating large data sets
- MS Access or Sequel a plus
- Familiarity/expertise in ERP/MRP/Advance planning systems preferred
- Ability to complete multiple tasks consistently and on time
BENEFITS PACKAGE (For full-time employees)
Medical/Dental/Vision, Supplemental Insurance Plans, Café 125 FSA, 401(k) Savings Plan with match, Vacation/Sick Time off, employee discounts, EOE
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Please email resume or reference link to:
Helmet House Human Resources