Employment Opportunities | Junior Product Developer
JUNIOR PRODUCT DEVELOPERHelmet House is the leading U.S. distributor of helmets and apparel in the Motorcycle and Powersports industry. We are in search of a creative and highly dedicated Junior Product Developer to join our Calabasas Hills, CA Headquarters Products Team.
Our Company was founded in 1969 and has its headquarters and a distribution center in Calabasas Hills, CA along with an Eastern Distribution point in Southaven, MS and a Digital Marketing Team located in Lake Oswego, OR. For decades Helmet House has supplied Powersports Dealers across the U.S. with two of the world’s top helmet brands; SHOEI and HJC. Helmet House is also the manufacturer and distributor of Tour Master, Cortech, NORU Motorcycle riding gear, and Alpinestars Riding Gear. With a market-leading sales team located across the country, along with the addition of new brands, Helmet House is on the move and plans to grow significantly over the next five years. If you’re passionate about action sports, are a top performer, and want to be on a winning team, Helmet House is the right opportunity for you.
The Junior Product Developer will be responsible for supporting the design and development team throughout the design process from research to product realization. This includes design, creating product specification packages, communicating daily with agents and factories for all areas of sampling and production (both written and verbal). Relaying all technical alterations and updating product and material specifications, managing sample shipments, and keeping track of product development and production process. This position reports to the Director of Products.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the development of products within assigned categories from concept to completion.
- Conduct in-depth market research to determine market needs and demands for assigned products.
- Communicate and collaborate with all departmental stakeholders to outline product features, benefits, and specifications.
- Work directly with overseas factories to develop prototypes and sales presentation samples.
- Assist with fittings & fit comments throughout the proto-development process.
- Produce and maintain detailed development sample notes and approval records for assigned products.
- Proactively manage development tracking tool, providing real-time status of garments, trims, fabrics.
- Maintain sample and development calendars.
- Collaborate in costing exercises including negotiations and cost improvement opportunities.
- Manage BOM and necessary tech pack revisions.
- Organize department sample archive.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with all vendors/agents to receive standard WIP reports weekly.
- Work in collaboration with merchandising department to ensure on-time issuance of purchase orders and SMS requests.
- Manage WIP report, working with cross-functional departments to ensure accurate information and KPI’s are met.
- Assist in the production of packaging, product labels, sales tools, and marketing collateral for all assigned product categories.
- Enforce packaging guidelines with all vendors to ensure labeling standards are met.
- Assist marketing department with any product-related request.
- Act as liaison between customer service and the products department and assisting in any QC issues that arise.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and punctual.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing tasks.
- Able to work independently as well as in a collaborative environment.
- Positive and open approach to work and challenges.
BENEFITS PACKAGE (For full-time employees)
Medical/Dental/Vision, Supplemental Insurance Plans, Café 125 FSA, 401(k) Savings Plan with match, Vacation/Sick Time off, employee discounts, EOE
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Please email resume or reference link to:
Helmet House Human Resources