Employment Opportunities | Assistant Manager EDC
Helmet House is the leading U.S. distributor of helmets and apparel in the Motorcycle and Powersports industry. We are in search of a productive and highly functional Operations Assistant Manager to join our Southaven, Mississippi Distribution Team.
ASSISTANT MANAGER - EASTERN DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Our Company was founded in 1969 and has its headquarters and a distribution center in Calabasas Hills, CA along with an Eastern Distribution point in Southaven, MS and a Digital Marketing Team located in Lake Oswego, OR. For decades Helmet House has supplied Powersports Dealers across the U.S. with two of the world’s top helmet brands; SHOEI and HJC. Helmet House is also the manufacturer and distributor of Tour Master, Cortech, and NORU Motorcycle riding gear, and Alpinestars Riding Gear. With a market-leading sales team located across the country, along with the addition of new brands, Helmet House is on the move and plans to grow significantly over the next five years. If you’re passionate about action sports, are a top performer, and want to be on a winning team, Helmet House is the right opportunity for you.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESThe Warehouse Assistant Operations Manager is responsible for all operations performed at the Southaven Distribution Center. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, promote good morale, show strong leadership and productivity, and maintain a high level of communication with the Vice president of Warehouse Operations. The Assistant Operations Manager will be responsible for driving continuous improvement in productivity, on-time delivery, quality, safety, maintenance, and training principles.
This position manages a distribution environment that consists of salaried, hourly, and temp employees. This position requires the ability to perform all responsibilities in a safe, accurate and timely manner in accordance with Safety policy & procedures & standards. Regular daily attendance is a mandatory requirement due to the nature of the role.
This position reports to the VP of Operations, working as part of the Southaven Management team to drive continuous improvement using metrics to achieve optimum performance.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the safe receipt, storage and retrieval and timely dispatch of goods.
- Full responsibility to achieve and sustain desired reliability and service levels of the distribution center.
- Ensure workplace health and safety standards are met and maintained in accordance with established rules and guidelines.
- Work with Executives and VP of Operations to establish productivity goals, standards, and key measurement techniques.
- Organization of goods within the distribution center, ensure productivity and on time delivery targets are met.
- Recruit, hire, motivate, organize, and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure set productivity targets are met.
- Work with division to resolve technical issues to include quality issues.
- Establish and monitor cost control programs and inventory control procedures.
- Lead direct and indirect staff to include resolving employee issues, training and development and corrective actions.
- Prioritizing, planning, delegating, and controlling workflow.
- Develop work plans to ensure appropriate staffing level, managing overtime and turnover.
- Take responsibility for the security of the building, equipment and maintenance.
- Produce regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of Trade Compliance, Governmental regulations, ISO, OSHA, Safety programs, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or five years of relevant distribution leadership or assistant management experience
- Strong ability to communicate effectively (written or verbal), with excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills
- Strong desire to Manage a distribution center in the future
- Must be highly organized and process oriented
- Ability to complete multiple tasks consistently and on time
- Solid understanding of Safety and OSHA standards
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism.
- Excellent Computer skills; Microsoft 365 Environment preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSHelmet House believes in management from the floor, not behind the door. This Position requires sitting, walking, stooping, bending, talking in person and by phone or video; the stamina to work the shift as scheduled and on a regular basis, ability to work in a non-climate controlled facility with exposure to heat and/or cold in accordance with weather conditions, lifting large, small or items on a regular or repeated basis as needed, and extensive use of computer equipment.
BENEFITS PACKAGE (For full-time employees)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Please email resume or reference link to:
Helmet House Human Resources