Employment Opportunities | Central Regional Sales Manager
CENTRAL REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
Helmet House, one of the power sports industry’s leading helmet and apparel distributors, is in search of a Central Regional Sales Manager for the Texas area.
Sales Department Mission Statement:
Support each other, exchange quality information, and be sincerely honest in developing long lasting, productive relationships with each other and our customer, the dealer — growing our business together.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide LEADERSHIP and guidance to outside sales team.
- Manage all sales representatives to assist in sales territory development.
- Analyze and present territory redesigns as needed to create opportunities for growth and improved efficiencies.
- Information from all industry trade and consumer publications, such as M.I.M., Dealernews, Powersports, Cycle World, Motorcyclist, MX Racer, Dirt Rider, Motocross Action, sales and marketing strategies and news, etc.
- Information from credible industry and other sales and marketing statistical providers (M.I.C.). Sales data from OEM bike sales, plus all parts and accessory sales history.
- Information from credible business news, national, and regional newspapers, and Internet-based news.
- Review the economic, demographic, and market status for discussion purposes with rep and management.
- Continuous learning of garment and luggage fabric technologies. Understand and tech methods of production, supply chain management, and discuss supply/demand basics.
- Ongoing development of sales representative skills, strengths, and needed improvement.
- Assist in product targeting for each of the reps’ dealers.
- Schedule travel to sales territories visiting dealers, attending and providing sales management support at dealer open houses, off-road and street events, IMS shows, plus SHOEI and other product seminars. Ensure proper amounts of product and in-store P.O.P. as well as other support materials to be provided in a timely and affordable manner. Assist with targeting new product(s) placement.
- Teach effective product merchandising, floor space/real estate management, and assist in development of POP as needed, such as new Helmet House SHOEI, HJC, Tourmaster, and Oxtar displays, and work with sales representative to place POP.
- Coach product pricing and placement principles as well as teaching profit margin calculations and value.
- Participate in product sales projections/forecasting, and product development.
- Produce “Findings From The Field” reports upon return from field sales trips and/or event participation. Said reports are required to be submitted to NSM no later than the following week after your return.
- Thank you letters to all dealers within 3 days of returning from rep territory travels. Copy NSM on each dealer letter sent.
- Coordinate activities with Inside Sales team and other inside departments as necessary.
- Weekly oral status reports to NSM on each sales rep, and related information that pertains to successes and challenges in your respective areas of responsibility.
- Weekly telephone conversations with SLM discussing process, progress, and issues of significance in their territories.
- Quarterly status reports on each SLM.
- Participate in HH brands (SHOEI, HJC, Cortech, and Tourmaster) branding, advertising, and marketing efforts.
- Coordinate your sales staff’s participation at any HH, dealer, or industry function.
- Expose obstacles, issues, and successes of each sales territory.
- Participate in annual strategicplaning meetings to establish yearly direction, plans, and goals.
- Participate in national sales meeting planning, presentations, and production.
- Participate in national trade shows (Indy), planning, presentations, and production as needed.
- Recruiting and training for immediate and future new sales representative needs.
- Cross training with all other RSM’s sales personnel to better round the entire sales staff.
- Maintain regionally specific active resumé file.
- Analyze and grow individual sales territories factoring in high, medium, and slow growth territories.
- Provide annual oral and written evaluations to each of your sales representatives and copy NSM.
BENEFITS PACKAGE (For full-time employees)
Medical/Dental/Vision, Supplemental Insurance Plans, Café 125 FSA, 401(k) Savings Plan with matching, Vacation/Sick Time off, employee discounts, travel expenses. EOE
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Please email resume or reference link to: